Aquaponics is the integration of two sciences, aquaculture and hydroponics. Interest in aquaponics is at a high now that healthy, suatainable fish are becoming a preferred component of our diets.
From the urban farmer to the Pacific Islander, aquaponics answers the worldwide questions of:
- How can we continue to supply fish to a growing population?
- How can we mitigate the loss of wild fish stocks?
- Is there a safer food alternative for my family?
- Can I grow vegetables and protein with limited space, water,and funds?
- What can I do to promote a healthy, sustainable lifestyle?
You can accomplish all this with an aquaponic system scaled to your space and needs. If you have kept even a goldfish in a bowl, you already have the inherent skills to be an aquaponic farmer.
Contact John at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about starting your own aquaponic system.